FN Summary: Lead asset (Yselty) for Uterine Fibroids P3 study achieved significant reduction in pain & MBL. It is also being tested for Endometriosis. There is significant competition from Myovant Sciences, which is in the exact same space, but ahead in drug development. OBSV also has Ebopiprant for preterm labor and will start a Phase 2b study in Q4 2021. OBSV will need to raise funds by the end of the year.
Table of Contents
This company hits a few of the right spots!
Good Institutional Ownership
Outstanding Phase 3 Trials
Plenty of Cash before next Catalyst
Cash on Hand
Est Monthly Cash Burn
just an estimate...burning through cash fast
Est Cash End of May 2021
A secondary will occur by the end of the year.
Products & Sales Potential
ObsEva Market Cap: ~ $245M as of May 25, 2021
Yes, we get it. This is the boring part of the page. But, it is also the most important. Read this: Importance of Management
- Brian O’Callaghan is a Life Science Executive with extensive experience within the biotech, big pharma and CRO sectors. He also has extensive global experience, having lived and worked in 5 different countries, as well as both sides of the US. He joined ObsEva in November 2020, as Chief Executive Officer to lead the Company through its future development, regulatory filings and product launches.
- Prior to joining ObsEva, Brian has held CEO positions at Petra Pharma, Acucela, Sangart and BioPartners, as well as having held senior management positions at Pfizer, Merck Serono, Novartis, Covance and NPS Pharmaceuticals.
- Brian has experience running both public and private companies, M&A’s, IPO’s, fundraising, divestments, spin-outs and strategic alliances. His operational experience is also wide ranging, having managed multiple businesses and programs, across many therapeutic areas, from concept through to commercialization. He also has extensive Board experience, having served on numerous biotech and 501c3 Boards.
- Elizabeth Garner joined ObsEva in July 2019, bringing with her over a decade of pharmaceutical development experience, holding roles of increasing strategic responsibility in large and small companies, including Merck, Abbott (AbbVie), Myriad Genetics, and Agile Therapeutics, Inc.
- From January 2014 to July 2019, Dr. Garner was Chief Medical Officer of Agile Therapeutics, Inc. and led the company’s clinical development, regulatory, and medical affairs strategies for Agile’s candidate transdermal contraceptive products. She was also instrumental in the company’s successful 2014 Initial Public Offering. Prior to her tenure at Agile, Dr. Garner was Vice President, Medical Affairs, Women’s Health/Preventive Care at Myriad Genetics, where she managed the Key Opinion Leader (KOL) programs, provided medical and scientific input on marketing strategies, and was the company’s media spokesperson. Before that, she was Senior Director at Abbott Laboratories, where she oversaw all clinical aspects of the global Phase 3 endometriosis development program for Orilissa® (elagolix, the first oral GnRH antagonist for treatment of endometriosis).
- From 2007 to 2011, Dr. Garner was Associate Director and then Director, Clinical Research at Merck Research Laboratories. As a leader on the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine program she was instrumental in achieving successful outcomes on important regulatory submissions. Dr. Garner also served as chair of the Gardasil®9 HPV vaccine program Product Development Team. She was the core presenter for the 2010 FDA Gardasil® Advisory Committee Meeting for which she developed and delivered the company’s presentation that supported FDA’s approval of a gender-neutral anal cancer indication.
- Jean-Pierre Gotteland joined ObsEva in September 2015 as Chief Scientific Officer and was also appointed Head of Research & Development in January 2018. He has over 20 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in all product development stages, particularly in research, preclinical development and early clinical development.
- After an early career at Pierre Fabre Medicament (France), he joined Serono in 1998 (subsequently Merck Serono) where he was responsible for various research and preclinical development programs in the areas of neurology, autoimmune disorders, endocrinology, metabolism and oncology. In 2007, he was one of the first employees to join PregLem, a Swiss based specialty biopharmaceutical company. As VP Non Clinical Development & CMC then Chief Development Officer, he actively contributed to the successful European registration of Esmya® (for the treatment of uterine fibroids), PregLem’s lead product, as well as to the progression of its development product portfolio.
Phase 3 trials concluded a while ago and the results are shown below.
Here is an overview of the PRIMROSE-1 (Phase 2b) & PRIMROSE-2 Clinical Trial. The results were outstanding.
Yselty met the primary endpoint for both doses. If approved this gives more options for doctors to prescribe the drug should the patient have an adverse event.
(FN posts only the most recent documentation)
OBSV Discussion Forums (listed in order of best DD potential)
Sign up for ObsEva emails! If you invest in this company, this is not optional.
You must stay updated on every development.
No Twitter Account
Q. Will ObsEva partner with someone to market and sell Yselty
A. Yes. According the Elle Investments management has made it an objective to enter into a partnership for Yselty commercialization.
Q. Is Yselty the only UF drug that offers a low dose without Add-Back-Therapy (ABT)?
A. Yes. This is one of OBSV’s dual label goals. Some women are not able to take hormone therapy for do not want to. This lower dose option is designed for that customer group.